Eccox Application Quality Control for COBOL is a tool for the automatic evaluation of the program code written in COBOL language for the purpose of analyzing the code and verifying whether it is adequate, considering a defined set of rules, a highly configurable product that allows standards and rules to be implemented without any need for altering the programs.
Eccox Application Quality Control for Cobol was developed to standardize and codify COBOL programs and inhibit objectionable coding practices, enabling: greater uniformity of programing, greater agility in program maintenance, greater control over mandatory and prohibited commands, greater control over the use of forbidden subprograms and, from the establishment of preferential practices, it allows improved performance.
The configurations that are initially loaded upon installation are adopted based on practical market standards. This tool encompasses the whole development environment of the company and is used in the z/OS environment as a step in the job of compilation that enables the immediate identification before the problem moves on to the next steps in the Application Development Cycle. The information on the COBOL code are obtained directly from the source program and are submitted to an analysis based on rules in accordance with the current standards of the company. Following the product analysis, a report is issued containing the violations of this source program.
The most important code quality criteria are evaluated by pre-coded rules, including:
• Definition and implementation of contingency processes;
• Monitoring of vegetative growth of Eccox Application Quality Control for Cobol bases according to stored evaluation data;
• Implementation of Purge process of evaluation data;
• Maintenance of processes that implement Eccox Application Quality Control for Cobol interface with the continuous integration process;
• Adjustments to product parameters;
• Adjustments to rules of verification parameters;
• Choice of adopted evaluation criterion, codes, signal codes and mode of operation;
• Registration of source files in exception;
• Registration of the Legacy.
- Greater stability for business platforms
- Lower transaction costs
- Gradual reduction of rework
- Shorter time to market
- Greater availability of services
- Identification of errors before they affect business